Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Member Introduction: Caitlin



https://img0.etsystatic.com/025/0/8527110/icm_fullxfull.40223680_c1ciqa3rzz4k804oc4c4.jpg
I'm pleased to introduce you to one of our team's newest members, Caitlin. 

"Well, I first got into silk painting and dyeing during my BVA degree in Textiles at the ANU in Canberra. I fell in love with the colours and textures that could be produced with this technique. I wouldn't say I am a traditional silk painter, I have more of a contemporary take on the technique. I had a lot of success with a collection of silk scarves I produced for my degree so decided to start a business from this producing similar products. My current scarves use silk dyeing and silk painting with manutex. I don't focus on specific designs when I am painting or dyeing. I like to see where the dyes take themselves. That's the best part not knowing the final outcome until the very end I think!"

Her SHOP

No comments:

Post a Comment