Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Featured Artist- Lynne Tagliaferro



To begin this new year I have the pleasure of introducing you to a lovely silk artist, Lynne Tagliaferro
if the, Fantastic Pheasant. She hand paints silk items, does pottery, and wearable art


Over the past few months I have had the pleasure to get to know her a bit as one of the leaders of the Silk Artists Team on Etsy.


Enjoy getting to know her a bit through this interview:


Tell us a little about you:

I live on the eastern shore of New Jersey, USA. I live and work in the town I grew up in. I am married, have two children (boy and girl) and two grandchildren (girl age 2 and a boy age 9 months).
I am a full time art teacher in an elementary school, a career I adore!


Why silk painting?
https://www.etsy.com/people/ltagliaferro
I am creating art all the time, whether it be with my students or my own art work. I was first introduced to fiber art in college and have been in love with it ever since. I worked in batik for many years and started painting on silk about a year ago. I truly enjoy this medium.
I enjoy the unpredictability of the silk and the dyes. I start with an idea, a mental image of what I want to create then I let the silk and the dye dictate the completion of the piece.

What inspires your paintings?

I am inspired by the world around me. I find inspiration in nature (I love to garden), studying master artists and even my student's art work. My current inspiration is the art and architecture of the Art Nouveau period.


What tip can you share with other silk art fans?

The best 'tip' I can give to other silk artist is, it's okay to make mistakes. When a mistake or mishap happens go with it…as I tell my students "turn that mistake into a masterpiece".
https://www.etsy.com/people/ltagliaferro


Where you can find Lynne:
Etsy
Facebook
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment