Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sarah Wisemen- Featured Artist

https://img1.etsystatic.com/038/0/8527110/icm_fullxfull.43512907_9jtgse2awococw88g88k.jpg
Introducing one of our newest members of the silk artist team on Etsy, Sarah Wisemen and her story how she got into silk painting.

I first tried silk painting about 15 years ago. I was staying with a friend whose mum is an art teacher, and she ran a silk painting workshop for us in her kitchen. I painted a gecko on a tree, surrounded by flowers, leaves, berries and ferns, and I loved the painting so much that I still have it on the wall of my living room today.

From that moment I was hooked. I went home and bought all the gear, and I’ve been painting on silk ever since. I usually paint wildlife and plants, and my paintings are inspired by the wildlife I have encountered in the UK, and on my travels in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

I also paint in watercolour, and I’ve done watercolour illustrations for three children’s books, on trees, invertebrates and birds.

I live in Scotland, and I’ve worked for a variety of nature conservation organisations. When my last contract finished at the end of 2013, I decided to focus on painting and trying to sell my art. I’ve just opened my Etsy shop.

Website – www.sarahwisemanart.co.uk

Etsy- www.etsy.com/shop/SarahWisemanArt
Facebook-  www.facebook.com/sarahwisemanart

No comments:

Post a Comment